Darkness Forever! Between The Lines In Hamburg And Review

Turbonegro: Darkness Forever! Between The Lines In Hamburg And
Release Date: Sep 30, 2000
Label: Bitzcore
Genres: Pop-Metal, Neo-Glam, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock
In fact, this album documents the band's final show, in Oslo, Norway, on December 18, 1998.
 8.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Darkness Forever! Between The Lines In Hamburg And Reviewed by: Kwokinator, on may 23, 2006

Sound: This is a live record of 2 Turbonegro concerts. It was recorded before they broke up. Luckily, they got back together a little later. The quality is not very good. I would recommend this album to any hardcore fans of Turbonegro. If you are just getting into them, I suggest a studio album. All of the tracks are from the albums Apocalypse Dudes and Ass Cobra. Apocalypse Dudes is considered their finest work. The Euroboy solos are awesome as always and everyone else is pretty solid. // 8

Lyrics: Hank Von Helvete voice is not as good as before. This was his last show before the break up, so he is pretty wore out. But he still manages to pull together a respectable job. The lyrics are typical Turbonegro. Stuff like sex as you can see from the track listing above. The Age Of Pamparius is about Pal Pot's (keyboards and percussion) pizza parlour. It's an awesome song. The lyrics totally fit with the music. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a turbonegro album, so it's always fun to listen to. The most impressive songs on the album would have to be Age Of Pamparius, Get It On, Are You Ready (For Some Darkness), Prince Of The Rodeo, Denim Demon, Good Head. I love this album because it really shows the energy of a Turbonegro concert. They are always crazy. This album was a good buy and for a turbonegro fan a must buy. However if you're looking for good quality clean fun, I suggest you look else where. If this album were stolen I would definately buy it again. // 8

Comments