Scandinavian Leather Review

Released: May 6, 2003
Label: Epitaph
Genre: Rock
Styles: Garage Punk, Punk Revival, Pop-Metal, Punk, Indie Rock
Still, the thrills and good moments are frequent enough to make this a great, pure rock & roll album.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Scandinavian Leather Reviewed by: Kwokinator, on june 23, 2005

Sound: I was watching the Punk Show on Much Music one night and I saw these guys. They were a bunch of guys dressing in denim with lots of make up. Plus they were all male. They resembled the village people and the lead singer had Alice Cooper make up. They kinda looked like Marilyn Manson, but not so extreme. However they're appearance didn't matter when the music started playing. I was blown away by them. They're a louder, punked up, rowdier rocking stones plus Ramones plus Black Flag and a handful of cool guitar licks. They're the guys that make punk rock look fun. They describe they're sound as 'Death Punk'. They're sound is awesome. The lead guitarist Euroboy is awesome, but his guitar was better in their previous album: Apocalypse Dudes. That album's definately worth checking out. All the songs on this album kick ass. They'll get any mosh pit started. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were kinda wierd. They sing about sex and hookers and stuff like that. And if you watch any of their videos you'll know what I mean. But still very cool. Everything is really well put together and the sound and lyrics go hand in hand. They're frontman may not be the best singer. but he does have a really cool voice. They're background vocals are really melodic and go well with the blazing guitars. // 10

Overall Impression: They're very original and they're music is very different from other rock bands. Every track on this cd is gold and the disk is worth every penny. It maybe a little hard to find because they're an underground band, but they are very well known. The thing I love about this album is its loudness and how its raw. It makes you wanna play air guitar. If this disk were stolen I would find out who did it and kill them and take it back. Turbonegro's other CD's are also very good. As I mentioned before, check out Apocalypse Dudes and Ass Cobra. They're new album Party Animals is also very good. However its more rolling stones and less ramones. Now get of your computer and go get yourself a copy of Scandinavian Leather. // 10

Comments