Battle Metal review by Turisas

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Turisas: Battle Metal

The sound of Turisas is somthing I have never heard before! It's kinda epic songs with violins and with ancient feel to them. They play this kinda folk, death metal style. I know it sound a bit weird but this is one of the best albums I have heard recently. They sound like nothing else I ever heard.

I can't really hear the lyrics, but I don't really care as long as the music is good. On some songs the singer dosent evern sing, they just do this little clips of 1 minute doing nothing, and they call it a song. Turisas was a Finish war god, so I guees all the songs are about war and stuff like that. Just take a look at the name of the album. But I'll give it 5 just to keep it perfect score.

It dosen't sound like anything I have ever heard before. This album is one special work of music. The songs are kinda epic with this viking feel to them. Just look at it as "Lord Ot The Rings" music, but the metal version. I don't have any favorite songs, I like all of them. The only thing I don't like about it, is that this is the band's very first album and I don't think they would be able to top that in the second album. Just give the album a shot, you may like it.