A Guidance From Colour review by Twin Atlantic

• Released: Jan 14, 2008
Twin Atlantic: A Guidance From Colour

The band are an up and coming four pience alternative rock band from Glasgow. They sound very similar to other Scottish bands such as Biffy Clyro and Sucioperro. Their sound is slightly less heavy than these two bands however, they still pack a punch live though. 'A Guidance From Colour' is their debut EP and features four tracks. The leading track 'Audience And Audio' has also been released as a download only single.

01. Audience And Audio - amazing song, really, makes you realise this band are one to watch. A cynicist would argue that the lyrics aren't very good and the music not very original. They are wrong, it may not be Proggy or brand new but it's a fantastic song that seems like it passed in a matter of seconds. Early contender for song of the year. 02. I Cave In - slightly different but still very impressive perhaps not as heavy and does not feature the same sort of stop start rythyms that Twin Atlantic, and their influences use. 03. Time Is The Enemy - again very impressive, could easily hold it's own with most of the songs you see people raving about these days, a bit more alternative it could be see. Glaswegian vocals are the order of the day. 04. A Guidance From Colour - another full marks track. Starts of quite quiet and slow but really hits you later on. It's a special band that can produce a debut EP like this. Overall the lyrics are perhaps slightly less impressive than the music but still very good.

As a debut EP this is a fantastic work and I hope all four of the tracks make it on to the band's debut album, which will hopefully come soon. Audience & Audio and Guidance From Colour are more impressive than the other two but they're all very good. I love it but I do think the band could work on making the album a bit more like their live sound, which is a bit raucous, much like Biffy did excellently on 'The Vertigo Of Bliss' album. I downloaded it from HMV and would do so again if the file was lost or something.

Tatakai!
    Amazing band. I seen them when they supported Say Anything. Hopefully when they release an album it will be as impressive as their EP.