Vivarium review by Twin Atlantic

• Released: Sep 14, 2009
Twin Atlantic: Vivarium

To me Vivarium is one of the best albums produced this decade. Many people will never hear this exciting little cult band and I feel very sorry for those people. Much comparisons have been made to Biffy Clyro but apart from their geographical beginings and the thick Scottish accent of singer Sam McCtrusty(what a name right!) I see little else to compare them by. The lead guitar elegantly gallops over Sams juttering riffage as the rythym section holds the whole piece together capably and as an album the whole thing sticks together well.

Sam is an excellent frontman, his accent adding a little culture to the mix. The lyrics can fluctuate in quality but are mostly good. Your're Turning Into John Wayne has some great lyrics about the UK following America's ways and people acting like sheep following the herd. If you only listen to one song listen to that one

Overall Vivarium is a truly stunning little mini-album which you should check out as soon as possible. This bamd could be ready to explode into the big time so you should pick up a copy now so you can tell every one you were there from the begining. What a stunning little piece of work Vivarium really is!

MurrayAberdeen
    this album will be a really hard one to follow up to i think, i love every song on it apart from "human after all" which is not up to their usual standard in my opionion. the onely disappointment for me was that the acoustic track "crash land" did not appear on it. a fantastic piece of work anyway.
    IndieLegend25
    I disagree about all the anit-Human After All nonsense. Vivarium is epic, every song is beasting, some more than others, but none of the songs are bad. Every song has its place. This wis be hugely difficult to follow up to - i heard two of the new songs they've written on thier tour just there last week, and they both sounded great, so hopefulyl songs like crash land and i cave in, find thier way onto a new album, maybe even A Guidance From Colour re-release, for the banter.
    snackpak888
    I feel this album is basically like the greatest resume they could have made for their 'Welcome To America' landing. Having listened to this extensively before seeing them on tour made it enjoyable to see them so energetic live just like the cd makes you feel. A great band that deserves to go big!