Big Hits And Nasty Cuts: The Best Of Twisted Siste review by Twisted Sister

• Released: Mar 17, 1992
Twisted Sister: Big Hits And Nasty Cuts: The Best Of Twisted Siste

This is a Very Best Of album, so of course they chose some of the very best songs. I love the energy the album gives, especially with songs like "We're Not Gonna Take It," "Shoot'Em Down" and "I Won't Grow Up, Now." The guitar solos are usually very fast and shredish, but occasionaly are mellow and sadish like in "The Price." But on the live songs he (Dee Snider) seemed to be yelling more than singing. So I give it a 4 beacuse of that.

Well, like most rock bands from back then, they sung about rebellion and partying. And they do a great job. They capture a lot of what teenagers feel. I really like the line "Is that your best? You're best won't do" in "We're Not Gonna Take It," the line captures how some teens feel their parents' expectations are too high for them. But mostly they just sing about how they wanna be kids and party. So I give it a 4.

Overall, this would be your best if you are just getting into Twisted Sister. If you are a hardcore fan, pick up "Stay Hungry." This is a very great compaliation, but I think they should have chosen some different songs for the live stuff, like a live version of "We're Not Gonna Take It," but they have a live remake of the Stones' "It's Only Rock And Roll."