All That You Can't Leave Behind review by U2

• Released: Oct 31, 2000
U2: All That You Can't Leave Behind

Five years ago I bought this album because of the singles they brought out with it, Stuck In The Moment, Beautiful Day, Elevation and Walk On and I have never played another album so much it's just simply brilliant how they done twelve pleasant, peacful and relaxing. When ever I listen to it (every other day) it put me in a good mood. There is nothing better than starting the day listening to Beautiful Day as you wake up. What bono said they went out to achieve song as happy go lucky as The Beatles' records are! Which they achieved in my opinion.

Lyrics are sometimes inspireing and all the time heart warming bono went against his normal poetic writing syles and went real life, he's tells it how he sees it and everything he sees is wonderfulpeople that say this isn't one of U2's best are only saying it because they're compariong Bono's simple lyrics to his poetic lyrics in other albums the lyrics work because it goes with the sound.

This album is amazingly crafted together and it astonises me that it was rightly when it was promoted, but now has faded. Break the album and you see that everything was crafted together to be simple. That doesn't mean the album is bad becase The Beatles' did the exact same Sgt. Pepper or Revolver definately up there with those two and is their second best behind Joshua Tree.