All That You Can't Leave Behind review by U2

• Released: Oct 31, 2000
U2: All That You Can't Leave Behind

U2 has gone through music evolutions. Think about it. They were popular in the early 80's, huge in the late '80s and early '90s, sort of droped off in the late '90s and this alubm was the next stage to going into the 21st century. So how was this alubms sound. Well, I guss you say colorful. There are many different sounds in this alubm. From rock (Elevation), to classical (Stuck In A Moment). This another evolution for the band. Just like Rattle And Hum and Actung Baby were. Just this one does not have quite the staying power that those did.

Just like the sound, the lyrics also seem to evolve. Songs like Beautiful Day, Walk On, and Stuck in A Moment are masterful, while songs like Grace and When I look at the world are, well, just different. It's not that there bad, just not normal U2 songs. Most people won't like them, I however do enjoy them. Another note is you can tell Bono just ain't what he used to be. In some ways that's a good thing. He seems to sing with his heart now instead of vocaly. I think it's a nice change.

This cd is what led them into the 21st century. Yeah it's got it's weak points, but those are easly over done by the master songs. Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Elevation, and Walk On are amazing. The rest of the songs are good, just not amazing. One major dissapointment I feel is it seems like The Edge is missing. The only song you hear his masterful guitar riffs is in Elevation, and in my opinion that's only a fouth of what he can do. Other than those things, this is another solid album for U2.

belavista man
    MusicMan666, may you go to hell for all eterity and be subjected to multiple listenings of S-Club 7 for the rest of your spiritual life. lmao
    Mobius Man
    wangmaster, don't forget the sideways rectal pineapple. On the hour every hour! BTW, this is a great album!
    Stop Messin'
    Beautiful Day is a great song. I was never a U2 fan, but they usually have 1 good song off of each album that i like.
    screen21
    They're good but I still dont understand why the whole fuzz about U2; their music is good yet not that special. And it annoys me that the guitarist's name is "The Edge." However, I respect them lol.