How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb review by U2

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
U2: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

U2's latest album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is certainly a beauty and sounds awesome. U2's music seems to be constantly evolving and maturing and going to areas where many artists have never been. As usual Bono's vocals and Edge's excellent guitar work are the heart and soul of "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb." The album is full of excellent riffs/guitar solos in the songs "Love And Peace," "Vertigo" and "All Because Of You." This album sounds great!

As usual with U2 the lyrics and Bono's vocals are one of the strong points in this album. All of the songs seem to have deep meaning. Each song seems to give clues about How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. In my opinion throughout the album bono is saying that love and peace can dismantle an atomic bomb. U2 talks about birth in "Original Of The Species," God In "Yahweh," love in "A Man And A Woman", and Peace in "City Of Blinding Lights". The lyrics are excellent and Bono sings them with clarity and precision.

The most impressive songs on this album are "All Because of You," "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," "Love And Peace" and the grammy winning single "Vertigo." The things I love about this album are the variety from song to song and the excellent guitar licks. The only negative from this album is the repeativeness of "Yahweh." Overall in my opinion this is the best U2 album yet and if someone stole it I wouls definetely purchse another copy.