How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb review by U2

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
U2: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is considered to some people as a political album like Green Day's American Idiot but lead singer Bono stated that the album mainly focuses on his father. I think that this album is the best U2 has released so far. I think this album is Rock mainly because of The Edge's creative solos, the fast tempo in some songs like Vertigo or Yaweh. I still haven't figured out why U2 named the album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb but my best guess would be after Love And Peace Or Else.

To me the lyrics are amazing, especially on Miracle Drug. This is a description of each song: 01. Vertigo - it's not a dictionary meaning but to Bono it's "a dizzy feeling when you get up to the top of something and there's only one way to go. 02. Miracle Drug - based after a drug discovered to help a handicapped person the band knew met in High School. 03. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - written by Bono ti his father. 04. Love And Peace Or Else - talks about Atomic Bombs as pleas for peace. 05. City Of Blinding Lights - mostly written after the September 11th attacks at the World Trade Center. 06. All Because Of You - it has been introduced as a love song to The Who. 07. A Man And A Woman - a love song. 08. It appears to talk about a man waiting fora moman to come. 09. A song talking about Bono's father being one step closer to heaven. 10. Original Of The Species - talks about people being different from normal. 11. Yaweh - is a sacred name for God. This song is more like a pray. Each and every lyric stands for something even when it looks it doesn't. These guys are really good songwriters.

This album might compare to other albums but not from U2. Usually U2 songs have a guitar part, drum part or bass part but this album combines all the instruments (mostly guitar though) to make one bigger sound. I think the best songs from the album are: Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, Yaweh. I love this CD but if I lost it I wouldn't buy it again considering the fact I've got all the songs on my iPod.