October review by U2

• Released: Oct 12, 1981
U2: October

The sound is very different from the modern U2 of today. It's more of a Clash sound with less production and less background sound. Bono's voice is great. I love his younger sound. These days his voice sounds strained. Edge is excellent and he really does alot and has a much older sound for such a young guy at the time. I also really like the way Adam and Larry fill into the picture as they had bigger parts to do then than though do now because of all the background sound and production done these days. The sound is good but for this day in age it is only 80's sound.

Bono is a very political guy rooting back into his early days but I don't see too much politics on this album. Their are some uplifting songs and some very catchy lyrics "won't you come back tommorow nanan" but again this is younger U2 and they don't prefect themselves until later.

At parts in this albums you can definately here the Clash. However it is noticeable that Adge is a better guitar player and he is just fantastic on this album. I would say this is a must have for the average U2 fan. For someone just starting to get into them I would wait until later to buy this album because it isn't Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby but it is very listenable. If I lost this album I would take my time but would definately replace it. There is so much other great U2 out there as well.

bassetrox
    I'm surprised that the reviewer didn't mention the religious nature of many of the songs on this disc. All in all, some great riffs, great songs.
    Hexagram
    Excuse me MusicMan666, how does it feel to still be a virgin with only your grade nine under your belt?
    U2Rocks91
    MusicMan666 wrote: u2 is awful. end bad music
    u dont no wat good music is