Zoo TV: Live From Sydney [DVD] Review

artist: U2 date: 07/18/2007 category: compact discs
U2: Zoo TV: Live From Sydney [DVD]
Release Date: September 19, 2006
This is U2 at their creative highpoint. Zoo TV was far ahead of it's time, and is captured very well on this release.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9.5
 8.3
 9.2
 7.3
Zoo TV: Live From Sydney [DVD] Reviewed by: belavista man, on october 11, 2006

Sound: As allways with U2, the sound is brilliant. The Edge's guitar playing is fantastic and, surprisingly, he uses only three guitars (that I counted) unlike on the more recent concert, Vertigo, where he uses about 5 or 6 different guitars. The sound, without a doubt, is impeccable and couldn't have been much better. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, in my oppinion, this goes with some of U2's previous DVD/video concerts such as Elevation and Vertigo. Zoo TV was and will always be one of the concerts that cannot be repeated. Compared to live concerts from other big bands of our time, U2 outshine many of them by far. This DVD is a must for any music-man (or woman) even if they arn't a massive fan of U2. // 10

Zoo TV: Live From Sydney [DVD] Reviewed by: TheBigBoss, on july 18, 2007

Sound: ZooTV era is one of my favourites. I think that the whole idea is genious, the huge TV screens and Trabbi's. It's all captured here. This DVD is a treasure to any U2 fan. This is also one of the rare U2 concerts filmed on one night. They didn't film it the night before because Adam didn't arrive. That was the infamous one and only time when something like that happened. Although I'm very well impressed by this concert, there was one thing I wasn't too satisfied, The Fly. I have heared some bootlegs from this tour and Bono's guitar could be heared all the time, not only at the beginning. Those were simple chords but they gave it a better sound. // 8

Overall Impression: It's also a great fun to watch it. Bono's stage personas, The Fly and MacPhisto. The show encore is something unusual. It was hard for me to get used to MacPhisto's weird look. Dirty Day had a brilliant sound. I think it's one of the best songs from Zooropa. The famous beginning of the Zoo Station whith Bono dancing infront of the huge screen. There is so much to see. Definately worth buying! // 9

Comments