Zooropa review by U2

• Released: Jul 6, 1993
U2: Zooropa

It was really strange to hear this album as it was the last U2 album to complete my collection. funny enough I'd really been getting into alternative music from Radiohead to Velvet Underground. It's a really good alternative with a sound unlike any U2 album with the exception of track 5 which keeps the ethos of U2 intacked. Bono and Co. has really done justice to going in different direction. Judgeing the sound of it is easy if you like alternative.

Bono without a shadow of a doubt can create the most soul searching lyrics better than anyone. but this album wasn't about soulsearching (again excluding stay (Faraway, So Close)) so is it a success answer yes but it isn't perfection like any other U2 album is but nearly there if I could I'd give this 4.5 but t has to be given 4 insted (damn scoring system).

Like I said no other U2 album but then again no album is like another (bare first 3) U2 have done punk (Boy, Octomber, War), indie(Unforgettable Fire), soul (Joshua Tree), blues (Rattle N Hum), rock (Achtung Baby), dance/pop (Pop), soft rock (All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle An Atom Bomb). Well U2 step into alternative is a success like any other album they've done you really could (almost) put this the Velvet Underground and Nico album all in all I hold Bono', Edge', Larry' and Adam's hands up in thriumph.

The-edge
    yer i reely like this1 its no musical masterpeice or nothing its just short sweet and catchy i liked where this was goin! the johny cash duet things quite good to!