Under The Influence Of Giants review by Under the Influence of Giants

• Released: Jul 23, 2007
Under the Influence of Giants: Under The Influence Of Giants

I found this band when I was on holidy in New York. They were a 'recommended arist" in the Virgin shop there. And I can see why they were recommended. This is almost definetly the best album I bought this year. It's a great mix of rock, dance and pop. Anyone can enjoy it really, and they're such weird and cool people anyway. 01. Ah Ha - a brillaitn song, probebly not one of their best but a really good beat. I know a lot pf people have got a bad first impression form this first song. But don't let it put you off. You will like it later on. 02. Got Nothing - this is the song which amde me buy the album. I had heard no other song other than this one off the album and I was already definetly buying it. A great beat and some really cathcy lyrics. 03. In The Clouds - probably one of the best songs ever composed. Sounds like a typical dance song right at the start but then the guitar's break in and it'll blow you away. The chorus is so amazing and you have to sing along. The first time you hear this song you will be in love. 04. Stay Illogical - great catchy song. A slower song so you can get your energy back form the begining of the album. 05. Mamma's Room - some extremly weird lyrics ("Naked love in mamma's room"). And a great single from the Los Angeles boys. A really brillaitn chorus. 06. Heaven Is Full - a good, upbeat song, I cannot work out what the lyrics are though. 07. I Love You - a really happy song. I actually get a bit bored of it sometimes. But a nice one to put on a cheesy smile for. 08. Against All Odds - a really great guitar riff which really compliments the rest of the song. One of my faves from the album. 09. Lay Me Down - vey different form the rest of the album. Can compare it to Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. 10. Faces - great song with a really cathcy chorus. 11. Meaningless Love - quite a lot like I Love You, but probbely better. A very good ending song for the album and some good harmonies.

The lyrics can be very weird and random but generally a lot of fun. They work amaizngly well with the music, which is what makes them so catchy. The singer is amaizng and he harmonies with himslef great and pulls of some good screams every now and then, but not in a crap way. He has an amazing vocal range.

It is very differnet to everything esle I've heard. But I could say they were a cross between Daft Punk/Stereophonics (that probably isn't right but it's the best I could think of now). I love that it is so different and catchy, there is no sogn on there which I would take off. They all amke the album. The best songs have to be In the Clouds, Got Nothing, Against All Odds and Faces. I would definetly buy this again if I lost it. It's amazing.

Covin
    1) On all the new paragraphs in the album summary at the top of the page, UG is plaguerizing (sp) the website allmusicguide.com... I find that interesting. On all the newer albums, they're stealing other people's articles! 2) Under the Influence of Giants is an absolutely incredible album. It's great to see someone else getting into it; I bought it the day it came out. But seriously, Daft Punk? Not a chance...UTIOG is all about the 70s.
    ..and I thought it was "Makin' love in Mama's room," not "naked love"...lol
    electric7
    Covin said: ..and I thought it was "Makin' love in Mama's room," not "naked love"...lol
    same here XD
    Covin
    I think it IS "Makin' love..." Naked love is just stupid.
    cabbaman98
    ..and I thought it was "Makin' love in Mama's room," not "naked love"...lol
    lol soz my mate told me it was 'naked love' Im am very sorry i will go and make him implode ryt now. agen many appologies