Act Of Depression review by Underoath

• Released: Jul 4, 1999
Underoath: Act Of Depression

Underoath's debut CD. Underoath's phenomanal debut CD. It may only have 6 songs, but this is a great start for what's going to turn into a great band. You have to really appreciate good music to like this album, it's way more metal than the current Underoath.

Dallas, the old singer for Underoath, wrote really compelling lyrics. They're very powerful and dark, if you can't understand Dallas' screaming, look up the lyrics to some of their songs, they're haunting. Underoath is a brand new band, so you can expect for some flaws. The vocals could tie into the music better, but it's still really, really good.

Underoath has their own original great sound, that will continue to progress for years to come. The most impressive songs on this album are "Heart Of Stone," "Burden In Your Hands," "A Love So Pure," "Innocence Stolen," "Act Of Depression" and "Watch Me Die." Yes, I'm aware I named every song on the album, but every songs is amazing. I love this album, Underoath gets better with each album, and I hope the continue to after "Define The Great Line."

x Trev x
    Guys, stop bitching about genres. It makes you sound rediculous and, quite frankly, it's more than a little sad. Also, please learn how to spell.
    MusicMan101
    The band didn't become light because dallas left. They're lighter because of Dallas (Changing of times). Listen to Dallas today, he's much lighter and screams differently (Maylene and the sons of disaster)
    underfan15
    MusicMan101 said: "Oh yeah, the next CD is gonna be much heavier than define the greatline" I say: Does anyone actually know what the next album is gonna be like? The one after Define the Great Line, the one that's coming out in 2008?
    underfan15
    Co&Ca182 wrote: Cries Of The Past and Acts Of Depression Are Both Alot! Better Than Their New Albums Cause First Of All It Is Way Heavier And They Did'nt Have Spencer. I Still Love Their New Stuff Though.
    yeah, i don't think anyone with the right taste of music could ardue with you there. The best thing, from my point of view, about Old Underoath is how the music actually make the lyrics sound much more brutal than they actually are. Plus, the songs are kinda drawn out and stuff
    Co&Ca182
    Co&Ca182
    I DO agree with llamma though i dont know how u could expect them to be the same.
    x__underoath__x
    Underoath's album They're only chasing safety, Is mostly an emo audience. and no they r nto emo, but they dont hate emos liek most of you faggots
    x__underoath__x
    underoath442 wrote: yea **** i cant belive tht shit and i also cant beleive what underoath is doing now i ****ing hate new underoath. Underoath used to be a great metalcore band and then corey stegar matt clark and then dallas taylor left and now they sux ass, i still really cant belive how much they changed
    They are beter now and have more fans. If u want to say they were betetr b4, well then u have 80% of underoaths fans against u, and 20% of idiots liek u on ur side
    Serial 177
    The old cds 2 me were harder 2 get used 2 i have all their cds and the r all gr8!!!!! definatly my FAV Band around.. I read their some of their interviews.. if ur a Christian or any1 4 that matter.. go read their bio or sumthing.. they inspired me difnatly.. i now under stand wat they abt and it makes it easier 2 listen 2!!!!! UNDEROATH ROX