Define The Great Line review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
Underoath: Define The Great Line

Well, Underoath is harder again. Not Acts of Depression hard, but this cd is definately not They're Only Chasing Safety. It's somewhere in between screamo and hardcore. When I first put it in the cd player, I thought it was Norma Jean. On the albulm they do keep some of the elements from They're Only Chasing Safety by throwing in melodies in every song, but it's great stuff, ranging from crazy Norma Jean like songs to soft 7 minute ballads.

Great lyrics as always from Underaoth. They're basically about our life and where we draw the line on deciding what to and not to do (I don't know exactly watch the dvd that comes with the special edition Spencer tells you). Aaorn's voice has only gotten better, and Spencer's scream ranges from his distinctive high pitch shriek to some deeper, throaty metal screams.

I love this CD. I'm a fan of their old stuff, and out of all of Underoath's cd's, this is the best, because it shows show much range. Every song is impressive and memorable in it's own right. If I had to pick a best song, it's a tie between "In Regards To Myself" and "To Whom It May Concern," though I love every song. I love how they can be pretty crazy and then pull back with a nice harmony. If something happened to it, I would buy 5 more copies so I would always have one.