Define The Great Line review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
Underoath: Define The Great Line

Amazing. I was one of the dudes that got the cd two months before it came out, and when I got it, I started listening to it in chem class. Hearing the first track (in regards to myself) I almost started screaming my freakin head off I was so excited. theyve changed from post hardcore to more heavier stuff, to the sounds of every time I die, and norma jean (although not that heavy). the second the actual album came out, I bought it, and the album is ten times better than the burned version.

The lyrics are good. not amazing, but decent. I happen to be an avid follower of Keith Buckley (ETID) and his lyric style, so it takes a lot to impress me, but these aren't like horrible. They're decent. I was actually expecting complete bullshit vocals after hearing him live, and seeing how he couldn't reach his "they're only chasing saftey" high pitch scream. But now he has discoverd an enormous range, from his past high scream to his crazy growling lows.

This album is one of a kind. I believe underoath made a very smart move, seeing there increasing popularity and creating a very underground sounding album. It makes me wanna cry they did so good. The only thing that would make me happy is to see that little emo kid getting the new album thinking its gonna be like the old one, and hearing this pluthera of noise.

eblood21
    XxWoRdSoFsOrRoW... his screaming voice sucks? you obviously didnt even listen to it...stop tryin to be a hardass and stop being upset because there better than your favorite band . This cd is well done
    dude488
    Best cd by Underoath. Perfect mix of TOCS and their old stuff. They most definately lost alot of their fans, but their old fans that lost faith in them when TOCS came out will probably be interested in them again.
    Teach My Heart
    this Album is Excellent after a slump of buying suckie albums i would thankful to finally get something that had more than 2 good songs (30 seconds to mars) from what tocs is a little more melodic i dont think that would be bad this album is great but every hardcore band needs one acoustic paino song but thats just me
    uOATHguitar
    FireHazard wrote: first time i listened to underoath was last year. i listened to 10 seconds of a song, and never listened again. they are dreadfully bad. i don't see the point in wasting $15 on this album., you could just go in your room, turn distortion all the way up, and scream...and that'd be BETTER music than underoath's.
    dude, if you don't like screamo/metal, than obviously you're not going to like them, so why do you take the time to come bash on them saying they suck cause they scream? and also, come on, if you listened to 10 seconds of a song a year ago...then you have no right to come say they suck now when you havent even listened to their new album...for more than ten seconds.
    The Spoon
    This CD was the first thing i ever bought on iTunes. Ever. And im damn proud of that.