Define The Great Line review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
Underoath: Define The Great Line

Wow! That was the first thing I thought when I heard the first song. This album definately sounds different. In a good way. The guitar players really came through. This album is so much more metal than their last. Some of the studio effects in this album also add a really nice touch to the CD.

The lyrics are pretty good. I noticed how they use say "God" a lot more in this album. I love the little chorus thing in 'In Regards to Myself' where the drummer and singer scream "Pull Yourself Together! Pull yourself yogether man! What are you so afraid of?" There are lots of songs that make you wanna stand up, and sing with them as loud as you can. The main singer's screaming voice is much different from "They're Only Chasing Safety". It sounds so much better and darker. The drummer's voice also adds an amazing affect to the songs.

Overall, this CD is, in my opinion, some of Underoaths best. That just happens to be because I became a believer when I heard 'They're only Chasing Safety'. This CD is a change for the better. And its so much better. The only thing I really dont like about the album is the song 'Salmarnir'. I'm not sure if there's some special meaning behind it, but I cant really here any singing. Just talking. Same with 'Casting Such a Thin Shadow'. That has singing, its just 5 minutes of it is guitar playing and drums. Best songs of the album have to be 'In Regards To Myself', 'A Moment Suspended in Time', 'You're Ever So Inviting, 'Moving for the Sake of Motion', and 'Writing on the Walls'. The thought of losing this CD makes me want to burn 40 or 50 copies of it. Or maybe if it got stolen, id buy the CD/DVD version. This album is oh so satisfying.

nopoleon779467
    Zamboni m : COB4ever wrote: this is so different from cries of the past/acts depression underoath...so disappointing I hate people like you who can't accept that a band evolves and doesn't regurgitate the same album back time and time again. There's only one original member of the band remaining for christ's sake. Accept some change, dumbass. AND. Spam deleted al hail the great zamboni
    llama_guitarist
    The Spoon wrote: This CD was the first thing i ever bought on iTunes. Ever. And im damn proud of that.
    i'm proud of you too