Define The Great Line review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Underoath: Define The Great Line

This time around you can really tell this Christian rock band means business, they have progressively became more hardcore and have pounded out more phenomenal riffs and powerchords that drive the soul to crindging in a good way. The level of frustration at one's own self is felt through Spencer's vocals, but the true message is that we need to quit joking ourselves and get it right with Jesus, especially with all the scriptures which foretell the future in the Bible coming to life in todays mideast war and Israel and Russia and Syria (EZEKIEL 38:39). Read is you will see the resembelance Gog and Magog = Russia!

They all have the same inner struggles with overcoming something or someone you know is right or wrong, you have to make the judgement that will later be judged upon yourself by a higher being, and with lyrics like "I hope to God you" sends a message from the angels to reach out to all kinds of genre's such as this Hardcore heavy metal album.

I think this album will take at least 2 times to grow on you if you were expecting "They're Only Chasing Safety Part 2" but you will see and succumb to the heavier more forceful art of "Define The Great Line." The DVD is a plus if you bought it that way, it is a really behind the scenes to the guys or Underoath, You can find out how Different and How The Same The Guys Of The Band Are, it's amazing on how they all mesh together to become this epic, evangelestic source of outreach to todays war driven youth.

injured234
    toolfan_121 wrote: There is no place for christian metal bands in my world.
    there is no room for them in anyones world
    SpedGangster
    COB4ever wrote: this is so different from cries of the past/acts depression underoath...so disappointing
    I really liked Act Of Depression a lot more but, considering it's their like 4th or 5th CD it's not bad
    thrashing4god
    I say this was their best stuff. All of their stuff is good, but this one in particular stands out to me. Moving for the sake of motion is the best!