Define The Great Line review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
Underoath: Define The Great Line

On Define The Great Line, Underoath is as screamy, distorted, and reckless as ever. Right from the first track ("In Regards To Myself"), after a little humming, your already being bombarded by their sonic onslaught. Spencer's screaming is great, and the dual guitar work is amazing. So precise, and they have a lot of weird little melodies. My favorite tracks are "Everyone Looks so Good From Here", "In Regards To Myself", and "Writting On The Walls". The sound of the band is awesome, and all of the vocal trade offs (a screamer and a singer) are real cool to.

On this disc, Underoath scream in despair, but they also have a lot of insight and hope. The Christian act depicts terrible times, but not without explaining how to get through them. On "To Whom It May Concern", the seven minute ender, sings of holdign your head high and moving on, a unlikely thing from a screamo album.

Underoath have a real cool sound. They son't really sound like anyone does. They mix it up a lot with two screamers(in which Atreyu took the idea from) and have real cool sounding down tuned guitars. These guys are amazing, and they also have positive messages to cling on to. If I lost this, I would buy it again. One of the best CDs in my collection. For any hardcore screamo fan get this. For anyone wanting to branch out into screamo, get this or Their Only Chasing Safety, their previous album to this.

Covin
    injured234 wrote: toolfan_121 wrote: There is no place for christian metal bands in my world. there is no room for them in anyones world
    There's room for them in my world. One of my favorite artists. Your angst isn't going to make it go away.
    Covin
    lol, I already responded to those quotes a while back. Oops.
    Vex47
    I'd just like to note that spencer Chamberlain is not responsible the "clean vocals" in any of UnderOaths music but that Aaron Gillespie, the drummer, is. Spencer is strictly a screamer. A few people were commenting in there reviews that Spencer did both.
    Metal_HxC_Music
    This is Underoath's best album they have put out. Despite the fact that it is much different than their old stuff, i think it is absolutely amazing. This album displays their talent more than their old albums... And it has an overall better sound in my mind. I love spencers vocals... i think they add alot to the album's originality. And as always, i love to hear Aaron sing. I think that this could go down as their best album... Until the next is released... Then who knows. But in my opinion it is their best to date.... Btw, to all who question their level of metal due to their christian lyrics... I say you are ignorant and have no real knowledge of music. I think that their christian lyrics really show the emotion they feel. I am a proud Christian and i am glad that a band is finally standing up for CHRIST, even when they make it big... Lots of props to UNDEROATH
    B2daR2daA2daD
    what iv always kinda liked about underoath, was their lack of solos, they let the vocals do the work, and it really makes their work special. Actually they havent really had any solos since like cries of the past, "The Last" just imagine timmy doing a solo?
    !normajean!
    this cd is amazing! i love cries of the past and act of depression, but i dont hold on to the past as much as other people. underoath is insane on all their cds! so all you people that say they suck, shut up!!!