They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

This band has a great sound to it. UnderOath combine catchy hooks with, huge riffs and endless screaming. Every song on the album has its own style and sound that never gets boring. After a while though the screaming does get to you and may begin to irritate you if thats not something you listen to a lot.

The lyrics are meaningful and colourful. Well, once you figure out what is being said that is. The vocals are good and suit the sound perfectly but often you find yourself pulling out the lyric book or looking at lyric sites online to find out what is being said.

In the August 2004 issue of Revolver Magazine there was an article on UnderOath. They said that UnderOath proved "that pop hooks are fine as long as the riffs are huge and the screaming never ends". I completley agree. I hate listening to bands that put a half assed effort into their riffs. I hate hooks that are barely there and dont grab you the first time you hear them. Most of all, I hate bands that go into a studio for years and come out with some crappy 15 track album that only has one or two good songs (if any) on it. These guy went in and pumped out this 10 track album (one track of which has no vocals at all) that blew my mind. Unfortunatly these guys along with many of their fellow tooth and nail bands(the recaord company) you cant find them just anywhere. So if you cant find them at your local record store go out of your way to find the cd. If you need to you can get it online but not if you look hard enough. And beleive me, it's worth the search.