They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

Ok well first off, I fell in love with the old album The Changing Of Times and then when I picked up the new album They're Only Chasing Safety I thought wow this is nothing compared to their old album, dont get me wrong I like the new album but I prefer the old ones better. This is a good CD, but made a big change form Christian-metal, to screamo/hardcore.

The lyrics are good in this album they make you think a bit more then what Dallas wrote, but Dallas was one hell of a writer! I think the lyrics go great with the style they have now. As for Spencer singing and Aaron's backup, Aaron has a good voice and adds to the songs good; Spencer hes a good screamer, but he has more of a balanced scream. In my opinon I think Dallas was a way better screamer; I've heard people say that Dallas screams all sound the same, but so do Spencers. Also with Dallas you could feel the emotion within him when he screams. Though I do like the way Spencer screams.

To me it doesn't compare to their old albums. It compares to other artists like Senses Fail, Hopesfall, Hawthorne Heights, etc. The songs that stand out the most to me are Young And Aspiring, The Impact Of Reason, I Don't Feel Very Recpetive Today, and I'm Content With Losing. I love the lyrics in this album, I hate that its like the mainstream stuff, but I like it though.