They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

This CD's sound I find one of the best I have herd. The large amount of screaming caught me off guard, as most of the bands I enjoy listening to scream as much as this album does. If you listen to this CD the way it was suposed to be listened to, straight through, the you can really feel a beat that goes along with the lyrics. The acoustic song, Some will seek forgiveness, others escape does a fantastic job of finishing up the album.

The lyrics are amazing. Right along with the beat of the music the lyrics follow perfectly. The lyrics, from what I have figured out, takes you through a story of boy whos life seems to not be going as he wanted, then he learns to love and forgive at the end. Sometimes I get tired of the screaming and want it to be a little softer but thats the kind of music they make and I cant change them.

This overall is an amazing CD from an amazing artist. Many times when I look online there seems to be two groups of Underoath fans, those who are fans of the old album, and those who are fans of the new album. I have yet to get there old album but I shall see what is so different about the two. I love the meaningful lyrics, the drumers amazing voice, and even sometimes the screaming. It seems every song I can connect to. The most impresive songs off this album are A boy brushed red living in black and white, it's dangerious bissuness walking out your front door, and some will seek forgiveness, others escape. If this CD was to be stolen from me or lost, no doubt I would go straight out and Buy the CD again. Imediately!