They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

Underoath's senior album, numero cuatro, #4. Who's more excited than me to say this is even better than all their previous albums. They still have the same sound from "The Changing Of Times" but less electronics and somehow even better songs. I don't know how they continue to get better with every album, but they manage to do it somehow.

Lyrics, as moving and compelling as every other album from Underoath. The lyrics go hand in hand with the music, they fit perfectly. Spencer and Aaron have amazing vocals, it's awesome when Aaron sings, then Spencer takes it away by screaming the amazing vocals. They both have great voices, for a great band.

"They're Only Chasing Safety" is a lot like "The Changing Of Times" but better. (Somehow) My favorite songs on this album are "A Boy Brushed Red... Living In Black And White," "It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door," "Young And Aspiring," "Reinventing Your Exit" and "I Don't Feel Very Receptive Today." Everything about this album is super nifty, and it's impossible not to love it. If this album were stolen or lost I'd buy it again, with 325 other copies to make sure I'm not without it for a second if it were to be stolen or lost again.