They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

Underoath's fourth album, "Their Only Chasing Safety", is their softest album. It has a more popcore sound to it, although some songs are borderline emo. Spencer, the lead vocalist, only screams high-pitched in this album, although you can usually understand what it is that he's saying. The heaviest track on the album would have to be "I Don't Feel Very Receptive Today", and that's only because Spencer is the only vocalist. However, the softest song is "Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape". This track mainly starts out very soft and sweet, the vocals done by Aaron Marsh of Copeland, and then, at the last fourth of the song, Spencer and Aaron (drummer, singer) come in to make up the appitamy.

The lyrics are very deep, they talk about many issues. "A Boy Brushed Red, Living in Black and White" is pretty much an anti-premarital-sex song, and "Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape" says that no matter how much you screw up, God will always be there for you. You can't really tell that they're a Christian band by their lyrics, but you can tell what religions they're not.

I can't really compare it to any other artist, mainly because I have never heard such a difference of genre in one album. That's one thing I love about Underoath, they don't stick to one genre, they go all over the place. My fave songs are "A Boy Brushed Red", "It's Dangerous Business" and "I don't Feel Very Receptive Today". If I lose it, you can bet your balls and cock (if you're a girl, your guns) I'm going to buy it again!

HethaHORRIFIC
    i like this band, their music, and their songs. this is a great cd. and their drummer is a good singer.
    Give_em Hell
    xsv wrote: The Almost is like Underoath just without screaming or heavy guitar. I like both bands that Aaron is in. Underoath has great songs with Aaron, and they have great songs without Aaron
    the almosth is good but i think underoath is a heck of a lot better
    gnrliesmanlies
    Modernmusich8er why did you bother posting a review if you completely hate this type of music anyways your name says it all its good to have an unbiased review not some ass hole cynical review
    y-e-a-r-z-e-r-o
    i am a thourogh atheist so the christian appleal of underoath has NO meaning to me ... i dont usually even like stuff thats as far to the emo side as these guys but i do really like this cd... im a huge metalcore fan and i happen to like alot of christian bands like as i lay dying, demon hunter, haste the day, still remains, all that remains and others GET OVER THE FACT that whatever the persons live style includes that will be in the music and lyrics...rock and roll is about freedom!