They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

Beautiful, some find screaming in songs to utterly ruin it, I think, that without it, Underoath wouldn't exist. Starting with "Young and Aspiring", it does a very good job to keep the listener in tune, and some of this song really surprises me, it just hits you, it's not sotck standard, it's differnt to something that you would expect to hear. Then, "A Boy Brushed In Red... Dressed In Black And White". this would have to be one of the best songs on the album, the intro is what draws me in, and the palm muted single sting rhythm really goes down well, then the volume gets gradually cranked up. It also displays what I'd call the perfect mix mix of soft and suttle, with heavy screaming, and Aaron's vocal backing. "The Impact of Reason" doesn't catch me to blindly, not my favourite but still brilliant. "Reinventing your Exit" is awesome. Intro. Body. Conclusion. It's like a story, and the guitars really shine here, with the warm tone coming through very strong. The Blue Note, well if you need to piss or something then I'd say it's a good idea to do it during this song, and be sure you're back asap, you'd miss "It's Dangerous Business Walking out Your Front Door" which would have to be one of their best songs, and the soft breakdowns are timed to perfection, making this my personal favourite. I'm kinda running out of time so i'll finish quickly, buy this album, and never let your eyes away from it, if it is stolen, get a gun find the person and shoot them, then buy another copy so you can have two.

The lyrics all make sense. Wow. Generally screamo bands sound like "rawr rawr rawr rawr" but we look at Underoath, listen a bit carefully to Spencer and you'll hear what he's saying. I'm not criticizing Screamo, but it is good that if you have a keen ear you can make out the words, and Aaron's beautiful voice compliments the lyrics very nicely also.

Overall not perfection, but overall one of my absolute favourite albums of the year. Some songs seem a little out of place like "The Blue Note" but apart from this it's perfect, in every aspect. If you hate this album then just keep listening to The Backstreet Boys, I'm sure they'll release their next big hit soon.

punkforlife93
    [quote=Modernmusich8er]While these guy's are making money selling the crap they call their music I'm struggling to sell a CD. It's funny how life works.[/quote] You sound like a lonely loser who fails at life. I'm sorry for you.