They're Only Chasing Safety review by Underoath

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Underoath: They're Only Chasing Safety

The album has an amazing sound and it seems to show a couple diffrent side to Underoath. You can see thier more metal driven side in Young and Inspiring. In A boy brushed red living in black and white comes a more alternitive side to them. The final song Some seek forgiveness, others escape they show a soft sorta calm side really not knowm bout them. The guitar changes every song and you can see thier range of tallent in this album.

If you listen to the whole album strait through it seems to tell a story of a guy with a screwed up life and at the end he fixes it with God. I do love the story within the album and I think more bands need to do that and know album's are just a bunch of songs in a random order with no meaning. Spencer does a great screaming job the whole time and it's backed up by Aaron's amazing vocals. They don't overpower you with screaming which is nice.

This is Underoath's best album end of story. Every song is just awesome but the best are A boy brushed red, living in black and white and Some seek forgivness, others escape. If I lost it or it got stolen I would be at the 1st CD store I see and buying it.

Amalgam
    Dude, all I have to say is, the Bible says that in all things you do you should praise God. Why shouldn't religion be in music? I mean, hell, the church and God are a bulk of the reason most classical music was made, and definitely was an inspiration for many famous musicians.
    smiega14l
    Modernmusich8er you are right im not personally a Christian but there are ways to worship god. and it really depends on what they say in the song. And im sure he is not that happy about the sign of horns. I know if that was my sign i would not be happy!