III: In The Eyes OF Fire review by Unearth

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
Unearth: III: In The Eyes OF Fire

To me, the sound of this album is amazing. A BIG step forward than what The Oncoming Storm had. Once again, Unearth comes head on with crazy guitar riffs, awesome drumming (as heard in Unstoppable) and more impressive vocals from the frontman, Trevor Phipps. It seems as if every time Unearth sits down to write a new song or album, the goods just keep coming. As if being fast and melodic wasn't enough, they do it on 7-strings (and that's hard! ). This is clearly the best sound I've heard on a metal album so far.

The Oncoming Storm's lyrics were mostly political, about things that are going on in the world today. But III: In The Eyes Of Fire took a new approach, lyrics that detail personal problems that most of us face everyday. I love the way that the lyrics seem to flow with the guitar riffs in this album. Since The Oncoming Storm, Trevor Phipps has gotten away from the ever so annoying scream you hear on just about every metal song. It seems as if he's gotten his own distinct sound on this record, which is a very good thing.

To me the most impressive song on the album is This Time Was Mine. Just listening to the first 10 seconds shows the skill these guys have. As a metal fan, I love the vocals, and guitar riffs, but the drums seem a little over the top. He does more fills than the Rev (from a7x). If I lost this album, I would certainly go buy it again, even two copies just to make sure I would always have it in my CD collection.

a dozen furies
    AngryGuitarist wrote: a7xfretshredder wrote: Wouldn`t that be a killer show?!?! Unearth and All That Remains?? Man that would be killer. The new Unearth cd rules. So It goes is definitely my favorite track so far... yea dude that would be sick! .... . but..i think genres are lame, just call these guys metal to save your damn breath
    exactly i agree with everything all that remains and unearth touring and they should also bring in the human abstract as starters and so it goes is my fav as well and why cant we all just call one word METAL you guys definintly know your music \m/
    a dozen furies
    and why cant we all just call our music one word METAL you guys definintly know your music \m/ (Thats what i meant to say)
    metalbassist12
    Awesome CD, kicks my ass every time I listen to it. The only track I don't like is numer 11, "Big Bear and the Hour of Chaos", because when it gets to the piano part, I just kinda flinch. But other than that, frickin' sweet.