III: In The Eyes OF Fire review by Unearth

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
Unearth: III: In The Eyes OF Fire

This possibly the greatest metal band out there. When I first listened to this I was blown away. It's a CD every metalhead should listen too, I found it randomly while listening through my friends stuff. This is some of the fastest music you'll hear, but it doesn't fail where most bands do.

Most metal bands seem to have a problem with singing/lyrics. Unearth does not, there is sometimes a desire to understand what is being said, but that's only because the lyrics are so good. Unlike other metal bands, this isn't a CD about killing yourself, or killing other people, or hating everything, or breaking up with your girlfriend, it's about integrity, pride, courage and self-control.

I highly recommend checking this album out. "Giles" is the best song, lyrically it tells a great story that goes very well with the music. (It's about how in colonial america, a man named Corey Giles was charged with being a witch, and he knew he would be found guilty when tried. So he didn't plead anything, and if someone didn't plead they put rocks ontop of him until he said he was guilty or innocent, he let them put rocks ontop of him for 3 days until he was crushed to death. If he had been found guilty- (everyone was found guilty, no matter the plea), he would have been hung and his farm would have become the property of the king of england, by not pleading it was considered a normal death and his property went to his children). This CD is just great, The time was mine to have and Sanctity of brothers are also great songs.

BrickIsRed
    Awesome display of technical ability, but I prefer their previous album with songs like Zombie Autopilot (
    Amuro Jay
    metalcore is a quickly deteriorating genre with a whole lot of cheesey crappy ripoff bands, but this band is actually pretty good.
    acidhammerdrums
    xXChimairaXx
    451F
    ready4thebreak wrote: unearth aren't really metalcore or "post-hardcore"(whatever the hell that means). Metalcore tends to be more like atreyu and it dies today(both decent) with that whole breakdown and in every song but still have pretty quick riffs and a little shreding. Unearth have to be one of the few sickest bands with seven-strings. If you ask me i think their very original in their overall sound now more than ever. Terry date definately helped the guitars and drummer especially fix and tighten up their sound. They seem like a more european band in terms of those sick diminished runs they do after riffs. I especially like how they can show people that their kick-ass guitar players without having to do these 10-minute solos(but they do throw one or two in there). But they show progress every album just like lamb of god and children of bodom and shadows fall. I think their just overlooked. Hopefully it wont go much longer. it cracks me up how ass-backwards the media is. Pop music keeps getting worse and metal and the underground music keep getting better. Of course the good music stays underground.
    I think it, you say it.
    Frontbassman
    xXChimairaXx wrote: acidhammerdrums wrote: Mallcore = Hot Topic core so yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but As I Lay Dying fits that description pretty well. ...yeah, but As I Lay Dying is freaking amazing. I really dont give a dump who listens to them, it's good music. People should stop caring about who likes what music and listen to what sounds good to them. Oh, and what would a show be without all those emo kids. They're there to take a beating.
    +84 billion kazillion
    KaneIsRaw13
    MachineHeart wrote: **** metalcore man, its dying. the only bands that are gonna make it out alive are darkest hour, bleeding through, maybe as i lay dying, the human abstract, on broken wings, and thats about it.
    What about Killswitch Engage? One of the most popular Metalcore bands.
    metaladdict123
    Swamplord wrote: Unearth are good. They were coming through brisbane with Killswitch and Lamb of God and Im real angry cuz (I'm guessing) stupid emos (amongst metal fans) bought all the tickets within the first day of release.
    i dont know why emo's would buy them, it is well documented that both killswitch and lamb of god hate emo's but i guess it dosent matter if you like them but they hate you