The March review by Unearth

• Released: Oct 14, 2008
Unearth: The March

Unearth has gone through some big changes. Not in lineups, but in sound. Their first effort "The Stings Of Conscience" was a great way to get them to the top. "Oncoming Storm" was brutal, in your face and really never had 'dips' in the music. "III: In The Eyes Of Fire" wasn't as impressive, I believe it was a continuation of "Oncoming Storm". As soon as I popped "The March" disc in, I was quite surprised. They have matured very much and I think with this album, they have finally found their niche in the metal scene.

Trevor put forth a wonderful effort. His approach vocally was very impressive. The mix between his chainsaw screaming and his "loud speaking" voice was great. The lyrics were well thought out, and it really does show. It really is hard to find an original heavy metal vocalist in modern metal these days, but I definitely put him in the top 10 vocalists for American metal.

"The March" is a must have for those of you who are into the new age metal. There hear hints of Avenged Sevenfold in this album with Buzz and Ken's leads, and of course the signature Unearth rhythmic patterns are all there, so do not worry my friends. The songs that are probably the most prominent in "The March" are We Are Not Anonymous, Hail The Shrine, Grave Of Opportunity and My Will Be Done. They have the most "memorable" hooks in the album. The overall mix of the album isn't too bad. The only problem I have with it are the drums and there are some bad edits in the guitar work. The drums are definitely programmed and some of the riffs sound a little cut off(although many big bands are programming, cutting and pasting now a days thanks to technological advances in music production). I'm a European music type of guy myself, but I wouldn't mind listening to this every now and again. Definitely good driving music, or if you want to get pumped up.

cytalis
    I love this album. If you are an Unearth fan it definitely will not disappoint. If you are a metal fan, I have to say it definitely stands up to some of the more popular bands in the genre.
    Rn18
    Very good album in my opinion. Nothing like III but erm i think its kinda for the best.
    thirdeye_15
    This is a great album indeed.... at first it was lil different ... LOTS AND LOTS of shred haha which is great!!! and this cd has grown on me ten-fold since i bought it... fast, SHREDDY, BREAKDOWNS where nessasary... yes they have matured like wild!
    jimdev
    this album is ****ing awesome. its better than i thought it would be. the guitar solos are ****ing sick and trevors vocals are so much better. unearth ****ing rules