The Oncoming Storm review by Unearth

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Unearth: The Oncoming Storm

I first heard the song "Zombie Autopilot" on Headbangers Ball and I thought "damn they are really good" and I imediatly went and bought the cd the next day at best buy for 11 bucks. The 2 guitarist are like the Head and Munky (of Korn) of hardcore (I geuss that's what it would be classified as) they use 7 string Ibanez's and they play really fast and it's just amazing imo. The drummer and bassist are really good also you can actually hear the bass lines ion this CD. The vocalist is really good too he has this really h/c voice and a nice soft melodic voice too.

The lyrics are really catchy and I personally can relate to alot of them (expecially the song failure) the music and vocals go perfect together, you can tell how talented each member is. When the singer gets softer and more melodic so does the music and when the music speeds up the vocals get more heavy. The singer can do both the screaming and soft voice great.

I consider this CD to be one of the top ten of the best nu metal/h/c albums of the year. a lot of people will say they are no diffrent from any other underground band but if you have ears and you are a true rocker you will be able to hear a major diffrence. My favorite songs on this album have to be Failure, Lie To Purify, Endless, and Zombie Atopilot. I love everything about this album I really can't find anything bad about it, I've been listening to it for the past month non stop. If it were stolen I would be super pissed and then I woudl go buy another copy (since it is normally around 10 bucks).