The Oncoming Storm review by Unearth

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Unearth: The Oncoming Storm

I was impressed with this CD. When I first bought this album I was ecpecting just another metal band but when I popped it into the CD player the sound totally changed the way I think about Metal. Using a 7 string guitar definately pays off in this album. The riffs are very technical and the bass line is solid. The drumming is along the lines of As I Lay Dying. The guitar pops in a few solos here and there and they are very pleasing to the ear.

Christian influence is noticeable in the songs. Most of the songs talk about spirituality and, of course, the ridiculing of our government which you see in most Metal bands today (Lamb Of God, System Of A Down, etc). The vocals can be compared to August Burns Red but that isn't a bad thing.

This album made it to my top 5 bands spot. I was very impressed with the structure of the songs and the technical guitars and skillful drumming. The vocals match the music perfectly. If this album were stolen I would cry myself to sleep everyday until I made enough money to get me another one.