Elva review by Unwritten Law

• Released: Jan 1, 2002
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Unwritten Law: Elva

On "Elva," Unwritten Law completely change their sound, in comparison to their previous works, in which, it was very mid-'90s punk. On this album, they blend alternative, pop-punk, with traces of folk, and the occasional nu-metal. (used tastefully of course). I personally know nothing about the album, or the band, besides perhaps their names, but on this record, they could definitely write some excellent tunes. One thing I'd like to share. Definitely go out and buy this. It's money well spent.

The lyrics are simple. Very pop. Good, catchy. Some with depth, some not so much, but still memorable. Many in part thanks to the contagious melodies. The singer has a very lulling but also rock and roll voice. On some of the lighter tracks, the lyrics definitely paint a picture of what the singer was feeling at that particular time.

Overall, this is the bands best album. It is their only A+ work I would have to say. On "elva," they tried something different for them and it worked. Best tracks: "Seein' Red," "Geronimo," "Rest Of My Life," "Up All Night," "Elva," "Mean Girl." I pretty much enjoy this entire CD. There really aren't any skippable tracks. All pretty excellent. I would definitely re-purchase this CD.

roundwoundsound
    it's a shame how underated they are... i remember when seein' red first came out. i thought it was a decent song but i remember i got sick of it after a while. then i didn't hear it once through out the years all the way till a new years eve party i was at in the last hours of 09'.an awesome way to remind me of the decade.