Red. White. Green. review by Upon a Burning Body

• Released: Apr 10, 2012
Upon a Burning Body: Red. White. Green.

I was skeptical of this band at first. Their first album had song titles that were all Al Pacino movies. Well this album continues the movie theme. All the song titles are Robert Rodriguez movies. But I must say I really really like these guys. This is your typical deathcore/metalcore band and they are proud as hell to be from Texas, check out "Texas Blood Money". This album is breakdown heavy and they do it well. All the songs are excellent!

I love the lyrics on this album. The opener gets you in the mood too... "run with us or run from us mother...!", can't swear on UG. The music is awesome. There is something about deathcore musicians. The drummer is extremely talented as are the guitar players. The bassist and the drummer keep a tight bottom end. The singer has good set of pipes as well.

Are there a plethora of deathcore/metalcore bands? Yes. Is the genre legit? Yes. It also happens to be my favorite genre. And these guys are as tight as any deathcore unit out there. They party hard from beginning to end and they leave you wanting more. This is their sophomore effort and no slump here. Do not buy this album if yoy do not like deathcore/metalcore. I hate people that but something and then bash the hell out of it. I bought this album because of my musical tastes. I reviewed it based on the fact that I listen to it all the time because it is awesome!

catastrofx617
    Not sure if 9/8/9 is appropriate, but as far as deathcore those this is a step above the regular run of the mill bullshit, in my opinion.
    aarongtr18
    "This album is breakdown heavy and they do it well." Sorry, there's no way you can put one-string chugging on every song you play and do it well. It's purely immature songwriting. This is why no one takes deathcore seriously.
    Human371
    Breakdowns can be cool if used in the right context. But it really ruins any chance of enjoying this kind of album when they are so overused. This is why bands like this get bashed. Though it isn't fair to bash a whole genre because many shitty bands come from it.