Red. White. Green. review by Upon a Burning Body

• Released: Apr 10, 2012
Upon a Burning Body: Red. White. Green.

I thought this band brings a new sound to the deathcore scene. The drummer is very talented, I wish my band had this drummer. The guitar players did an excellent job. I like many of the leads and solos and the backup riffs were excellent. These guitar players work well together. The bass and the drums were on the same page as well. This band is a well oiled, heavy metal machine and I look forward to seeing them live and their future. I like how they like to drink and smoke.

I thought the lyrics in this album were well written and bada**. I catch myself quoting the words to every song, except "El Mariachi" which is instrumental. I like how they have backup lyrics to emphasize certain parts and also by bringing in 3 other vocalists from other bands to help with the album. I also like how they reference Pantera's "cowboys from hell drink for free and respect walk". Pantera is legendary and I'm glad these guys give respect from this band.

I though this album was amazing. Its played in my car with "Resolution" (Lamb Of God), "The Black Crown" (Suicide Silence), "Outlaw" (Attila), and "This Is Where It Ends" (All Shall Perish). It is my second favorite CD to listen to next to "Resolution" (it's hard to beat LOG). I love the lyrics and they bring heavy breakdowns. This album just sets the bar for new upcoming bands to met. Like "The Black Crown", this album brings new innovative riffs, breakdown, leads, and lyrics.

svelle
    i hate how you can always see that people who review deathcore bands are in almost every case the biggest fanboys you can find. go look up matt heafys review, he might be a fanboy as well, but at least he's not doing this "they did a pantera reference so i have to rate the lyrics with a 10!!11"