Red. White. Green. review by Upon a Burning Body

• Released: Apr 10, 2012
Upon a Burning Body: Red. White. Green.

When I first heard this band I wasn't that keen, my missus made me listen to them but I went out and got the album cause I wanted a dose of metal and after a couple of listens I was hooked. Deathcore is very hit and miss but these guys do it perfectly and uniquely. The guitar sound is very chuggy but not overpowering and the breakdowns everyone loves to hate actually fit in the songs and aren't just there for filler. The gang vocals are used really well and a few of the chorus's really stand out.

I've never been someone who really cares too much about lyrics in music (with the exception of NIN and The Black Dahlia Murder) but UABB's lyrics are really fun and although a little bit generic at times they did make me smile. I also love the fact the songs are all film titles. Most of them are great films and it shows they have good taste. I also loved the bit in "Texas Blood Money" about having a jager bomb, made me chuckle.

Fantastic album from start to finish. Every song is well written and well paced. Definitely up there with bands like Whitechapel. Don't just write this band off because they are labelled deathcore and have breakdowns. There is alot for any metal fan to enjoy here. Support a unique metal band, buy this album.

LukeWard
    I love this album. I seen these guys live the other day, met them, too, they're great guys. I hate it when people write off a whole genre because of one or two shit bands. I'm not fanboying, but yeah, the whole 'chugga chugga' things been done, over and over, but feck, if it goes with the song, brings the heaviness and doesn't sound out of place, then why not? It's not going to be everyone's taste, but no music is. People bash this type of music because it's easy to do so. You never hear: 'The Beatles wrote some pretty simple stuff.. I mean come on, chucking a couple of chords together, anyone can do that' It's the same thing. If you have legitimate reasons not to like a genre, fair enough. But don't have a go at others for what the like just because what they like isn't to your taste or you think it's 'Immature Songwriting' because to be honest, there really is no such thing. I, personally don't like The Beatles, but i can admire what they done, chucked some chords together and made it sound good. I'm gonna stop ranting, I'm done with ignorant people.