Red. White. Green. Review

artist: Upon a Burning Body date: 08/03/2012 category: compact discs
Upon a Burning Body: Red. White. Green.
Released: Apr 10, 2012
Genre: Deathcore, Metalcore
Label: Sumerian Records
This is your typical deathcore/metalcore band and they are proud as hell to be from Texas. This album is breakdown heavy and they do it well.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 8.7
 9.3
 8.1
 1,743
Red. White. Green. Reviewed by: wbjackson517, on may 03, 2012

Sound: I was skeptical of this band at first. Their first album had song titles that were all Al Pacino movies. Well this album continues the movie theme. All the song titles are Robert Rodriguez movies. But I must say I really really like these guys. This is your typical deathcore/metalcore band and they are proud as hell to be from Texas, check out "Texas Blood Money". This album is breakdown heavy and they do it well. All the songs are excellent! // 9

Lyrics: I love the lyrics on this album. The opener gets you in the mood too... "run with us or run from us mother...!", can't swear on UG. The music is awesome. There is something about deathcore musicians. The drummer is extremely talented as are the guitar players. The bassist and the drummer keep a tight bottom end. The singer has good set of pipes as well. // 8

Overall Impression: Are there a plethora of deathcore/metalcore bands? Yes. Is the genre legit? Yes. It also happens to be my favorite genre. And these guys are as tight as any deathcore unit out there. They party hard from beginning to end and they leave you wanting more. This is their sophomore effort and no slump here. Do not buy this album if yoy do not like deathcore/metalcore. I hate people that but something and then bash the hell out of it. I bought this album because of my musical tastes. I reviewed it based on the fact that I listen to it all the time because it is awesome! // 9

Red. White. Green. Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 30, 2012

Sound: I thought this band brings a new sound to the deathcore scene. The drummer is very talented, I wish my band had this drummer. The guitar players did an excellent job. I like many of the leads and solos and the backup riffs were excellent. These guitar players work well together. The bass and the drums were on the same page as well. This band is a well oiled, heavy metal machine and I look forward to seeing them live and their future. I like how they like to drink and smoke. // 10

Lyrics: I thought the lyrics in this album were well written and bada**. I catch myself quoting the words to every song, except "El Mariachi" which is instrumental. I like how they have backup lyrics to emphasize certain parts and also by bringing in 3 other vocalists from other bands to help with the album. I also like how they reference Pantera's "cowboys from hell drink for free and respect walk". Pantera is legendary and I'm glad these guys give respect from this band. // 10

Overall Impression: I though this album was amazing. Its played in my car with "Resolution" (Lamb Of God), "The Black Crown" (Suicide Silence), "Outlaw" (Attila), and "This Is Where It Ends" (All Shall Perish). It is my second favorite CD to listen to next to "Resolution" (it's hard to beat LOG). I love the lyrics and they bring heavy breakdowns. This album just sets the bar for new upcoming bands to met. Like "The Black Crown", this album brings new innovative riffs, breakdown, leads, and lyrics. // 10

Red. White. Green. Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 03, 2012

Sound: When I first heard this band I wasn't that keen, my missus made me listen to them but I went out and got the album cause I wanted a dose of metal and after a couple of listens I was hooked. Deathcore is very hit and miss but these guys do it perfectly and uniquely. The guitar sound is very chuggy but not overpowering and the breakdowns everyone loves to hate actually fit in the songs and aren't just there for filler. The gang vocals are used really well and a few of the chorus's really stand out. // 10

Lyrics: I've never been someone who really cares too much about lyrics in music (with the exception of NIN and The Black Dahlia Murder) but UABB's lyrics are really fun and although a little bit generic at times they did make me smile. I also love the fact the songs are all film titles. Most of them are great films and it shows they have good taste. I also loved the bit in "Texas Blood Money" about having a jager bomb, made me chuckle. // 8

Overall Impression: Fantastic album from start to finish. Every song is well written and well paced. Definitely up there with bands like Whitechapel. Don't just write this band off because they are labelled deathcore and have breakdowns. There is alot for any metal fan to enjoy here. Support a unique metal band, buy this album. // 10

Comments