1984 review by Van Halen

• Released: Jan 9, 1984
Van Halen: 1984

This album is by far one of the greatest albums put out by Van Halen, the insane guitar by Eddie Van Halen inspired many other guitarists such as myself. He even stepped out of the box the keyboard on 1984 and Jump. David Lee Roth, is just one of those singers that you get this vibe of greatness. Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen are also great one this album, but I think Michael is a sloppy on the bass. I give it an 8 for this reason.

The lyrics are well thought out. If you really pay attention to songs like drop dead legs and Hot For Teacher, you really start to feel what Van Halen is trying to say. The lyrics are all in alliance with the music. As I said before DLR is insanly talented and his voice goes great with Eddie's guitar playing.

This album is great, it does not compare to any other artists at the time. The guitar work just blows my mind. The most impressive songs on this album to me were Hot for Teacher, Drop Dead Legs, Panama, and Jump. I love that Van Halen really tries to connect with people with there lyrics, they dont just write a song about a pretty girl, they describe her and what they would expect a girl to look like. If it were stolen I would be mad, but then I would remember that I have it burnt on 30 other CDs.