For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge review by Van Halen

• Released: Jun 17, 1991
Van Halen: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

As stated before, this probably the best album Van Halen has done with Sammy. When I first heard this album I was blown away. This album has both hard rockin' and softer love tunes and I myself have always loved both types of songs. I think the drill was awesome on "Poundcake". I think this album still held that raw sound you heard on all the albums with Dave.

The lyrics on this album are superb, especially on songs like "Right Now" and "Top Of The World". This album also has the raunchy lyrics you look for in rock n' roll. This is heard in songs like "Poundcake" and "Spanked". There's also more serious lyrics like "In N'Out"(which is about debt) and "Judgment Day". This is definetly a lyrical achievement for Van Halen.

This album is Sammy's equivalent to the original "Van Halen" album. The album, in my opinion, is one big highlight of Van Halen's career. Some of the best songs are "Poundcake", "Runaround", "In N'Out", "The Dream Is Over", "Right Now", "316", and "Top Of The World". Not only did I mlove the sound and lyrics, I also thought the title was clever (For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge=F.U.C.K). I don't hate anything about this album. If the album was stolen or lost I would buy it again and buy an extra copy incase it happened again.

Ibzman
    FINALLY THE TRUTH ! So I hope some Dave's-I'm-too-crazy-to-a dmit-myself-that-sammy-is -also-gr eat fans are going to listen to it, 'Cause it's true, the album is awesome !
    git-airman
    exactly hat you need, a ****in awesome hard rockin album. people can say shit if they want, but thats all it is and ever will be!!! I LOVE THIS!!!