The Best Of Both Worlds review by Van Halen

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
Van Halen: The Best Of Both Worlds

You can't accuse these guys of monotony. They have so much variety, from their heavier "It's About Time" to the fun "Hot For Teacher" and even slower songs like "Dreams." Also, need I mention "Eruption?" They cover quite alot of territory, however some of it better then others. I bought this CD looking for a lot of heart pumping music, while there was plenty of it, and it was great, I was a little dissapointed by the synthesiser in some of the tracks. However, if you like Van Halen, or are looking into them, this CD will throw right into their world. Both of them.

Fun and serious. On the same double album. Up for breakfast is so loaded with metaphors its hard not to love it's crass genious. Some songs are so amazing, they need no lyrics, ie. Eruption. There are some beautiful love ballads, and some great party songs. Take your pick.

Van Halen is so classic they are hard not to love, and this CD will show you why. The CD is jam packed with their greatest as well as some of their stuff live. Once again, I note the variety. Pick this one up if you are looking for a good time.

shanawane9109
    This album is awesome! its probably the best compilation album ever! the three new songs, ( its about time, up for breakfast, and learning to see ) are awesome. if you, like me, have every other van halen album, just buy the three songs from itunes or something