The Best Of Both Worlds review by Van Halen

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
Van Halen: The Best Of Both Worlds

Eddie Van Halen's tone is so unique that it only takes you about a second to recognise it. I once did a test by playing three different versions of You Really Got Me for about 3 seconds. It was unbelivably obvious which one was by Van Halen! There a also a few songs where Eddie plays a synthisiser instead of a guitar. The songs are all extremly entertaining and fun to listen to.

Who writes a love song about aliens?!? The the messed and twisted, but no less briliant lyrics of Van Halen shine on this album! I don't know if it is considered lyrics, but what Sammy Haggar says during Panama Live is pretty funny and entertaining. Haggar and David Lee Roth are both exellent singers. And for thouse of you wondering, the love song about aliens is Love Walks In. That is probably the best song lyricly that you will ever hear by Van Halen.

The only problem I had with this CD is that when you listen to all of one CD, a lot of the songs start to sound the same. But there are a lot more goods then bads. My favorite part of the album is the three songs, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Panama and Jump that they recorded live. When you listen to these, you can just fell the atmospher that must have been there.

ilovethinlizzy
    You guys have given this album way too much credit. Some of the tracks are shockingly awful especially the new ones. I'd give it 7 at best
    ooblah
    what?? i thought that album was a great compiliation of their old tunes and did a great job of getting a little of everything. The only song i didnt like on it was "Learning to see".. but other than that it was kickass, EVH is a god
    muzic_sk8
    van halen is kick ass but they do have some weird songs but like hot for teacher eruption they are my favorite
    Tim_5150
    brknboysoldier
    EVH is the guitar god! as for the tunes....i prefer the old tunes than the new ones...but i honestly (pust on body armor and a shield) like sammy's voice better than dave's... you have to be kidding me Tim, sammy's voice is more of a soulful, pop oriented voice which isnt bad he has a good vioce, but DLR is just straight up rock and roll adn he fits so much better with the Van Halen style of music