The Best Of Both Worlds review by Van Halen

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
Van Halen: The Best Of Both Worlds

If you are a big Van Halen fan, this is the album for you. Its title is the perfect description. There are people who prefer David Lee Roth, like me, and people who prefer Sammy Hagar, like my dad. So we can both enjoy it because it contains great tracks from both singers. When you listen to the David Lee Roth tracks, you can tell it sounds so raw and exciting with tracks like 'Panama' and 'Hot for Teacher.' Then when you listen to Sammy's songs, He just adds such a different colour to it. And it's great!

Dave's lyrics seem to be more about partying and women. Sammy does have lyrics like that in some songs but he isn't as much about sex it's more about romance. Like Sammy says in, "Can't Stop Loving you" it isn't just romance and stuff it's like also friends and in the video boy to dog connections. In 'Hot for Teacher' Dave throws in his little one liners like, "I brought my pencil! Give me something to write on!!" "Teacher needs to see me after school!" and "I think of all the education that I missed, but then my homework was never quite like this!" So I guess Dave's song are a little more sexually oriented than Sammys.

Overall this is the album for any true Van Halen fan. My personal favorites are: David Lee Roth: Panama Hot for Teacher Unchained Jamie's Cryin' Sammy Hagar: Can't Stop Loving You Why can't this be Love When it's Love Right Now The only thing I don't like is at the time the album was released Sammy Hagar was still singer and therefore more of the tracks were of him. I don't mind that really but I just prefer David Lee Roth. But if you can't appreciate both singers, than you aren't a true VH fan.