The Van Halen Story: The Early Years [DVD] Review

artist: Van Halen date: 12/24/2005 category: compact discs
Van Halen: The Van Halen Story: The Early Years [DVD]
Release Date: December 9, 2003
"The Van Halen Story: The Early Years" chronicles the rise of four young musicians from their formative years to their transformation into a worldwide phenomenon. The DVD covers all the years with David Lee Roth, and concentrates mostly on the club days and the first world tour. This is about as good as a documentary could possibly be without the band's involvement.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 8.5
 9.5
 7.4
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Van Halen Story: The Early Years [DVD] Reviewed by: XrejectX, on december 24, 2005

Sound: Well Van Halen is one of the best if not the best heavy rock band of all time, I think. The drumming by Al, guitaring by Ed was just amazing. Eddie built his own guitar from scratch, this signified his passion for his own sound of rock music. Ed and Al were born in Amsterdam. Their mommy was a music teacher so tought them piano, which was cool. Later on though afew years, what was very funny is that Al was the one who recieved the guitar and Ed got the drum set. That was not their destiny. Eventually Ed picked up the guitar and just went crazy. The DVD shows the entire early life of Van Halen from when they were Mamomouth all the way to Van Halen. Van Halen would be right up there with my favourite bands. // 10

Overall Impression: I really love this DVd and VH. Awesome guitaring, drumming, singing. Just amazing band. Very inspirational. Although I was reading in a magazine those eddie was number 10 guitarist to retire. I'm not surprised, he hasnt made any music for 20 years. I just hope that some with the same skill will be the new Eddie. // 10

Comments