Van Halen II review by Van Halen

• Released: Mar 23, 1979
Van Halen: Van Halen II

Eddie Van Halen. Did a song just pop into your head? If one did, was the tone increadible or what? When Eddie does a solo, it just blows you away. His riffs are top notch on this album too. I love the way Eddie sounds when he plays 'Spanish Fly'. If no song poped into your head, then there is even more of a reason to run to your CD store and pick up this record! You need a taste of Van Halen!

When this album was made, David Lee Roth was still singing with Van Halen. Though I have to say I like Sammy Hagar better, David Lee Roth is still a great singer and his singing on 'Dance The Night Away' is his best. I dont really like his singing on 'Bottoms Up!, though.

The thing that I love about this Van Halen album is that it has one song without an amazing solo: Dance the Night Away. So if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to practice my balls off learning a song, I can play Dance the Night Away. If I really want to become a better player though, I can other songs with increadible solos (Spanish Fly). Hearing this album inspired me to be a better guitarist.

MaggaraMarine
    Good album. It's not my favorite because all of the songs are not that good but it has songs that are my favorite by Van Halen: "Women in Love", "Beautiful Girls" and "You're No Good". They can make great covers that are better than the originals. The review is pretty weak. It's kind of short and doesn't really talk about "sound" and "lyrics" and not many songs that are on the album are mentioned.