2006 Warped Tour Compilation review by Vans Warped Tour

• Released: Jun 6, 2006
Vans Warped Tour: 2006 Warped Tour Compilation

This two disc extravaganza with 51 tracks has so many different sounds on both discs I find it hard to describe one sound in general. The Warped Tour does a great job of blending many different genres together, such as: punk, emo, metal, thrash, screamo, thrash, folk, and oddly gypsy. Both discs keep high energy through almost every song and I can't stop listening to them.

There are so many different vocal styles in the 51 tracks that it is hard to pin down one style. Hardcore screaming passages meld together with ballad singing and punk stadium yells. Save for From First To Last's "The Levy" and Helmet's "Bury Me" there's something for everyone to enjoy on these discs. My favorite vocal song on the compilation is "Heretics & Killers" by Protest the Hero, a punk/thrash band from Canada.

For its dirt cheap price of $9, this is a golden album that every fan of any genre should purchase. The most impressive songs on this album are "Heretics & Killers" by Protest The Hero, "Nothin' Over Me" by Slightly Stoopid, "Moving For The Sake Of Motion" by Underoath, and "We Are Always Searching" by I Am Ghost. If it was stolen and I didn't have the discs on my computer I would definetly buy it again.

GuitaPlaya
    ^That doesn't mean they didn't like it (I don't know if they did or not, I'm just saying).
    Tomthedangerous
    metal4life66613 wrote: punk should die... again
    MOnkeytoss
    I went to Warped Tour this year. And the only bands i was Impressed with were the PUNK bands. The real Punk bands, like the casualties and anti-flag, not the crappy whiney emo bullshit that all sounds the same. I mean isn't that what warped tour was founded by? Punk bands? Oh, and Gym CLass Heroes kicked major ass too.
    H_Zula
    Oh yeah I bought this CD too and this kicks so much ass! I listen to it on every road trip. I wanna get the other Warped comps...they are a hell of a deal (especially since I am a downloader, I prefer this much more)
    BRandGraffin
    ha slash did too play punk, they did a whole bunch of punk rock covers that have become some of their best hits. and besides, this cd is not punk, punk is the clash and the circle jerks and social d and all the 80s punk...the era when music was good. metal doesnt blow, you would know it is the intricate art of guitar. most "punk" bands from today arent well educated in the art of music, however some that have stayed around carry it with them. to each his own.
    sprkidjar
    none of these bands are punk anyway, so the punk blows comments are irrelevant
    crash_course
    im suprised this was just now reviewed. i shouldve done it a few months ago but other than that. great cd got mine for 8 bucks but whats with all the musical taste discrimination?
    espinzoa
    Stop complaining about punk. You're in the wrong place, as almost none of the bands on the album are punk. Even then, we all have our different tastes in music, so respect them and quit trolling.
    wingman901
    This cd is awesome, both disks have some great songs from some great bands: Matchbook romance, hellogoodbye, flogging molly, and the casualties. A great, (cheap) cd
    marcelaguiar
    Tomthedangerous wrote: metal4life66613 wrote: punk should die... again i couldnt have put it any better... You can keep killing it, and killing it, and killing it, but you can ever keep it down. I like metal and everything too,and I also like punk, but in my opinion, punk and metal both have extremely loyal, almost an over-zealous, following. Both have molded and influenced modern music for bad or for worse. Just be thankful both are still around.