Guitar Legends review by Various Artists

• Released: Nov 22, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Various Artists: Guitar Legends

This is a compilation of what some may consider the best guitar songs such as Layla, Smoke On The Water, Black Magic Woman, etc. However, as with most compilation CD this one is lacking in some areas such it has no Led Zeppelin, AC/DC or Jimi Hendrix. This compilation has a varied sound from The Allman Brother's Jessica to Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water.

You can't really comment on the lyrics with this being a compilation CD. However, as you would expect with there being such bands as Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Fleetwood Mac there are some good lyrics.

Most of the tracks from are classic rock bands including some greats such as Deep Purple, Queen, Motorhead, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Chuck Berry. I got this CD not long after I started to play and it gave me some ideas of the sorts of music I like. Nevertheless, there are many great guitar songs missing such as AC/DC's Back In Black and Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower and many more, but this isn't a bad compilation and may be worth a look if you're a beginner looking for inspiration.