Live Lounge Volume 2 review by Various Artists

• Released: Oct 22, 2007
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Various Artists: Live Lounge Volume 2

This year the second installment of the Live Lounge is come and yet again it provides a quirky covers both new and old and mainly stripped down versions of various hits. It sounds similar to the first album which is good. Also this website keeps making me write sound in my reveiws. I've put in sounds please can you abolish this reveiw.

It is difficult to write about the lyrics on this album as it is a compilation but seeing as the songs are mainly ones which have been massive hits this year such "Grace Kelly" by Mika. Because of the nature of the album the singing quality on the album is not as good as what it would be in the studio but still is the quality is ok.

This album is not meant to be an album of well polished perfomances it is something different. Most of the bands chose covers that would be completely different to their genre or style because it would be fun. Many of the covers are done tongue in cheek such as Biffy Clyro's rendition of "Umbrella" by the dreaded Rihanna. The reason for this is "Her album beat ours to number 1 so we decided to ruin her song by covering it". This album is light and warm like a warm salad with roasted pinenuts and a delightful mix of musical herbs.