The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever! review by Various Artists

• Released: Nov 5, 2001
Various Artists: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever!

This is 100% pure rock, covering all decades and styles from the '50s onwards. Mostly, it's '70s/'80s stuff, like Queen or Thin Lizzy, two of my favourite bands. However, all of the 42 songs on this compilation CD are so great, Brian May himself picked them. Highlights of this are Smoke On The Water, The Boys Are Back In Town, Ace Of Spades and (of course) Bohemian Rhapsody, the greatest rock song in world history. No track can be hated here!

Hands up who bought this for the lyrics, yep, there's no-one. However, look behind the general guitar-led guise, and you'll be surprised. You need a lot of talent to be able to sing all of these songs, especially the Queen songs! All in all, the lyrics never ruin the greatness of the music. They don't stand out, but they don't have to.

Before I bought this, I knew nothing about rock. Now, thanks to this, I absolutely adore it. This is the album that cahnged everything for me. There are no bad points here. If I got this CD stolen, after moaning, I'd buy a new one, after burning the house down of the guy who stole it from me.