Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

The sound on this albums is so clean and so tough, and yet so very heavy and melodic and sexy all together. Scott's voice is just rough and very nice to hear his voice with heavy guitars again. If you expect to hear somthing like Guns N Roses, and Stone Temple Pilots so you have a good reason, you can hear both bands on almost every song. Slash with his awsome solos, and Matt's heavy drums, and Duff's funky yet hard bass lines, and dave is awsome guitarist. Slash did a solo every song, I think exept one song but that's cool.

The lyrics are so beautiful and yet so tough. Scott was in rehab while the band recoded the songs and then he came to finish the lyrics, and you can tell on some somgs that he fought drugs, on songs like "Slither", or "Fall To Pieces" or "Superhuman". His voice is awsome!

I think this albums is one of the greatest rock albums to come out this year. This albums got it all, 2 slow songs, and another 11 hard rockin songs. I liked all the songs exept Illegal Song. As I said before this album has somthing of GnR and STP, and you can be sure that the match is very good. The only thing I hate about it is that Matt is just trying too hard on the drums. We all know that he is a great drummer but he dont need to try too f--kin hard. But that's only on couple of songs, on the rest he is kick ass. I heard people saying that the albums is very expensive but I can say that the album is worth it all. It's just a good album you can hear with friends or get drunk or lifting weights, or anything else you like to do this albums is almost perfect. Enjoy.