Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Absolutely fantastic album! Great from start to finish, not a weak song around! Slash stamps his name on each track with beautifully performed licks and solos, the one that sticks out the most is the November Rain-esque "Fall To Pieces". Slash is back in a big, big way! Matt is his usual excellent self on the drums, and Duff goes without saying. Scott Weiland provides a mind-blowing experience with his superb rock-suited voice. Dave Kushner is also a brilliant talent on rythym guitar. It's a very Guns N' Roses album, with hints of Stone Temple Pilots. Full marks!

Beautifully written lyrics, especially on "Slither", "Fall To Pieces" and "You Got No Right". I go more for the music than the words, but Scott's lyrics hit the spot on every recording, lots of depth, lots of meaning, and plenty of emotion!

In my opinion the best album of its kind since G N' R released Appetite For Destruction in 1987. Every song sticks in your head, makes you wanna listen to it again and again. An excellent collection of songs from an excellent selection of rockers, "Contraband" is a must for any fans of great music. I love Slash's solos though, I've always been a huge fan of his, and he does himself justice with his awesome sounds. I will definitely buy this album, probably 3 times over, just in case anything happens to my first 2 copies, it really is that good!